Saturday, July 27, 2002

I just spent the last fifteen minutes digging through a suitcase of random doll clothes, looking for new outfits for our still-to-be-named mascot. Cannot stop giggling. We're just hoping we can manage to get the tennis dress on him, or the bathing suit with the scuba goggles.

In the process of rummaging through the suitcase, found a few of the dolls, including a Darci (she was a fashion model, and had her own disco playset) and Steve and Stephie Sunshine. No sign of baby Sweets, though.

I also had the Sunshine Family when I was a child. They were the smaller hippie cousins of Barbie and Skipper, and all of the playsets included craft ideas like macrame baby swings and belts that they could sell from the market stand which fit on the back of the family van. I imagine if fashion dolls went to Dead shows, they were pretty popular and probably made some kickin' hash brownies as well.

Yeah, I had the crunchy granola dolls and never owned a Barbie. My sister had Darci, Donny and Marie, Nina Ballerina, and a few Barbies. Guess which one of us was the primper? Somehow it all makes sense.


No comments: