Tuesday, October 10, 2000

Top Five



I apologize in advance for the brevity of this post. I'm tired, I'm fighting off the last remnants of a cold, and I'm not feeling exceptionally chatty tonight. So there.

The Top Five Things I Learned This Weekend

    I want to sue the Alka Seltzer people for false advertising. "Cherry Flavor." Ha. Ha. Smells like cherry, still tastes like baking soda and water. (But the stuff does kick booty, and doesn't make me comatose at my desk. But I'm sure the faces I make when I'm actually drinking it are quite silly.)

    The only people scarier than the customers at Waffle House at 6 am on a Sunday morning are the employees at Waffle House at 6 am on a Sunday morning. And the coffee is awful.

    Zappagirl and I should not be allowed in fabric stores together during the Halloween season. Three hours (and not one, but two stores) later we finally had what we needed. Actually cutting and sewing and assembling is another story. At one point she turned to me and asked if we had enough coffee for this project. I'm looking forward to this costume ball thing, but I think quite a few of us are going to sleep all day Saturday to recover.

    I'm no threat to Martha Stewart. Last night I proved my ineptitude with the hot glue gun. I think I got more on my fingertips than on my project. I'll be launching attempt #2 tomorrow.

    Watching High Fidelity makes you want to classify everything in your life into Top Five Lists. Or make mix tapes. Or revel in John Cusack worship. Or play "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye at top volume.


My brain is officially Jell-o at this point. Time to go home.

No comments: