Thursday, November 30, 2000

Link-a-licious!



OK, I'm finally back from my mini vacation/sanity break, just in time to sneak in a post before tomorrow's observance of a Day Without Weblogs (in honor of World AIDS Day). I'm going to have to make it fast since I'm going to a lecture tonight at the Mt. Adams Bookstore (Reinventing Ireland from Dublin to Galway), so I forewarn you: this post is mostly piffle.

I had every intention of posting last night, but I went over to Zappagirl's and watched Fantasia 2000 on DVD. I was supposed to go see it when it played in the IMAX theaters earlier this year, but somebody procrastinated and forgot to take me for my birthday. I sent him a snarky email after watching and then....

And then we got distracted.

It amazes me on a daily basis what a wide array of subjects there are on the Internet. Sometimes I feel like a tourist staring wide-eyed at the vastness of it. (Good God! Look at the size of that thing!) Looking for one tiny thing on a search engine usually sends me on tangents that I'd never imagined.

I swear, if I got my computer at home to the point where it was actually net-worthy, I'd never leave the house again.

I tried for a while to use the internet for mostly educational purposes, telling myself I was bettering myself and not actually goofing off at work. And then I started reading other online journals and snarky television recaps. And then I started taking goofy online tests and playing with random name generators. And then I started lurking in the forums of the sites I usually read.

I finally broke. I registered for a few forums the other day, and posted a couple of brief comments.

Does this make me a complete loser?

If that doesn't, this certainly will. Allow me to share some of the places that have sucked hours away from my all too brief life, and the tiny nuggets of wisdom that I have taken away from them.

According to the Wu Name Generator, my name is Thunderous Beggar.

My glam name is Nova Sugartwist.

My mobster name is Malevolent Dominic "3 Fingers" Romano.

I would have been a minstrel in medieval times.

If I was a Bond Girl, my name would be Ura Lottaman.

According to this site, someday I'm going to have a band named Hideous Mirror Carnival. Well, unless I start that German death metal band that sings about depression and madness...then I'll name it Döömsdäy. (And if I had a thrash-core band that wrote songs about social ills, it would be Skulduggerie. Cool.)

Of course this will be when I'm not running my new company, Compmax MetaDummydata.

I had a little too much fun with the DJ name creator and couldn't decide which name I liked best, so I'll be laying down the phat tracks as that Scratch Tweakin' Freak, The One True Electro Devastator, Mixmaster Smoking Toast.

I don't believe I just used the word phat.


And writing this journal doesn't make me a freelance internet writer, but it does make me an Autonomous Web Article Architect. See?

Ever wanted your own action figure? It's your lucky day!

Looking for the perfect reference guide for your world domination plans? Look no further.

Have no idea how to tell that surrealist in your life how you feel about them? This may help.

For those of you who don't want to call a Psychic Friend or have your cards read, try this. And pass the wasabi.

Yes, I know everyone's been linking here lately, but it's just funny. And I am so going to hell for this.

It's social. Demented and sad, but social.

And that's it for now. Until next week, and oh yeah...from now on, you may address me as the Funkmistress of Paranormal Vegetables, Myopic R. Poutylips.



No comments: