Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Confessions of an Undead Priestess



My apologies for being MIA. Part of it was due to being under the weather for a few days and trying to do too much in not enough time, but some of it was due to... um... er...

I'm playing World of Warcraft. There. I said it. The first step is admitting it, right?

And despite the fact that I'm not very good at it, I'm enjoying myself immensely. Seriously - I am the wussiest troll warrior chick ever. And my undead priestess spent a week defending herself with a sharpened letter opener, which amused me to no end.

(Actually, it's the little things like that that have been the most fun. The goofy dancing often accompanied by Eminem's "Shake That", the fact that I tend to play my priestess with two other undead chicks aptly nicknamed the Living Dead Girls, the silly things I can make my character say... yeah, I'm a big ol' geek.)

Zappagirl and Memnoch are the ones who got me hooked, but somewhere in the great scheme of things I blame JohnnyB and the countless nights of watching him play Diablo. (And when he finds out about this, he's going to laugh sooooo hard....)

And despite the fact that it's turning me into a Tourette's victim (I tend to talk a lot of smack to the NPCs when I'm attacking), it's been a good way to vent frustration. I'm trying to limit my playing to a reasonable level so I don't completely abandon all semblances of a social life, but I can see how it consumes people's lives. I know I have a few quests that I need to turn in on each character, and then I'll just play for an hour or so and... oh my, is that the time? I have to be at work when? (Actually, I've been very good about playing on school nights so far. The weekends are another story, though.)

But on the positive side of things, I bought extra memory for my laptop to make the game run better. And I've been meaning to do that for a long time. (Memnoch was actually shocked that my computer would even support the game. I keep forgetting that even though my laptop is three years young, it's considered mentally challenged in this technological day and age.)

No intervention is necessary yet, but if you happen to see me in the real world mumbling about casting Power Word: Pain while stabbing someone with a sharpened letter opener... yeah, that might be a bad thing.

No comments: