Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Should'ves



In the event that I didn't send out this invitation to those who are in the neighborhod and might be interested...

OK, the Oscars are pretty much lackluster this year. I personally blame it on the lack of hobbits.

However, the annual Oscars party will proceed as usual... with a few changes.

You are cordially invited to the Should'ves: the annual celebration of movies that should've received more attention from the Academy, but for some reason didn't.

The party will commence around 3:00 on Sunday, February 27th at Myo's place. We will be screening movies that were for the most part ignored by the fine folks at AMPAS. A cut-throat game of Scene It will probably break out as well...

This is where you come in. If you saw a movie that was ignored or underrepresented in the Oscar noms this year (and is available on DVD), please feel free to nominate it (with your RSVP) for viewing at the Should'ves. I will do my best to obtain it for screening. (If too many movies are nominated, viewing will be determined upon general consensus of those present. If you have a copy of your nominated movie, let me know so I won't have to try to rent it at Blockbuster. Yeah, I'm cheap like that.)

As usual, I will be making enough food to feed a third world country, but feel free to bring anything if you'd like. And yes, I'll be making the evil cheeseball. BYOB.

Tacky formal is encouraged, but not required. Just be comfortable.

If you have cat allergies, please be aware that I have two very social kitties who have shed on every inch of my apartment.

For those who are interested, the actual awards ceremony will be shown in its dubious glory, mostly so we can ridicule horrible outfits and tedious acceptance speeches.

There will be a contest for Oscar predictions... pick your winners and see if the Academy agrees! There's a $20 Best Buy gift card at stake! (Disclaimer: Ballots will be available at the Should'ves party. Winners must attend to participate, but not be present during the actual awards ceremony. Good god, do you really think I would subject anyone to the whole damn show against their will?)

Food, fun, and fabulous prizes... RSVP by replying to this email. (Directions to Chez Myo will be available to those who need them!)

Hope to see you all on the 27th!

No comments: