Wednesday, March 14, 2001

Short Takes



This was initially going to be a lengthy recap of what's been going on in my life over the past few days, but time constraints and sheer exhaustion call for a very short entry. I'll sum it up quickly: I had a great extended weekend, and this year's birthday festivities made up for a couple of years of mediocre and crappy ones. Way too much food, way too much to drink, and more fun than one person should be allowed to have. Thanks to everyone who helped make it so, especially Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, JohnnyB, Zappagirl, and Roger Mexico. You guys are the absolute best friends I could ask for.

A few random phrases from the goings on. If you were there, you'll understand. If you weren't, draw your own conclusions:

    "We look like spies!"

    "Dude, those are rock star pants! How many peacocks died to make those?"

    "Are you scared?"
    "No, but I'm very late."

    "He's the Stephen Hawking of kittens."

    "This music sounds like the ice cream truck of Satan."

    "Alcohol, firearms, and semi-naked chicks. Now this is fun."

    "But I don't like tequila."

    "I shot a gun! A big gun!"

    "When you talk to my mom, none of this happened, OK?"

    "They're out of the cheese pie."

    "You are the goth Pimp Daddy."

    "It's like Rice Krispies. With Pop Rocks."

    "Tell me we didn't actually follow up the Afghan Whigs with Van Morrison."

    "Don't drink and scan."

    "Dude! I'm seven again! It reminds me of the place where I used to play when I was a kid. We lived near a factory, and we used to play behind it, and there were train tracks nearby, and it was all dangerous and stuff and we really shouldn't have been back there. And that one sound has a factory kind of sound, and that one sounds like a train whistle, and there's this desolate feeling to it and I'm not making anymore sense, am I? So I guess what I'm trying to say before I went off on a five minute tangent is that I really like your new song."

    "Can I smoke before we go on this journey? Because if not, I'd like to request a later flight."

    " I'm afraid of the bunnies."

    "A lounge version of Limp Bizkit. Oh God, we're such losers."

    "Whoo! Now I'm a rock star! I'm wearing these to the next show."


I'll leave it at that for now. I'm off to relax and research tomorrow's entry. I started to write it, but I need to look a few details up so I don't sound like a raving lunatic. Oh wait. I am a raving lunatic. Oh well.



No comments: